Re: CfC: publish WD of XHR; deadline November 29

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 9:11 AM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com> wrote:
> >> My concern is not about copyright.  My concern is about passing off
> >> Anne's work as our own.
> >
> > As I have pointed out above, W3C specs do not track authorship or
> individual
> > contributions to the WG process. If Anne performed his work as author in
> the
> > context of participating in the W3C process,
>
> This premise is false.  We're discussing the work that he is currently
> performing outside the W3C process.  Specifically, the changes noted
> as "Merge Anne's change" in the past 11 days:
>
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/xhr/shortlog

How is this different from the process being used in the HTML WG w.r.t.
bringing WHATWG ongoing work by Ian back into the W3C draft. It seems like
whatever solution is used here to satisfy Anne's concerns should be
coordinated with Ian and the HTML5 editor team so that we don't end up with
two methods for acknowledgment.