Re: CfC: publish WD of XHR; deadline November 29

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
> > As I have pointed out above, W3C specs do not track authorship or
> individual
> > contributions to the WG process. If Anne performed his work as author in
> the
> > context of participating in the W3C process, ...
>
> It seems you are missing the fact that I am neither a Member nor an
> Invited Expert of this WG since August this year.
>
> The W3C does have the legal right to publish my work, since I publish
> it under CC0, but the way the W3C goes about it is not appreciated.

I see nothing inconsistent or disingenuous with regard to W3C process here.
There seems to be a suggestion here that the process is broken, and I just
don't see that.

If you as a contributor wish to have more prominent mention in the W3C
version, then it would be appropriate for you to discuss this with the
current editors. Since it sounds like this is a cooperative process, I
would expect you and the editors to find a satisfactory solution.

However, I think this solution need not include making a normative
reference to the ongoing WHATWG work in this area. It certainly wouldn't
hurt to include an informative reference, with sufficient qualification as
to why that reference is used.

G.