W3C document license [Was: Re: Call for Editor: URL spec]

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 06:57:38 -0500
To: ext Ms2ger <ms2ger@gmail.com>, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
CC: public-webapps@w3.org
On 11/6/12 3:23 AM, ext Ms2ger wrote:
> On 11/06/2012 08:02 AM, Adam Barth wrote:
>> Does the WebApps Working Group plan do either of these things?
>>
>> A) Put in technical effort to improve the specification
>
> Unlikely.

My expectation is that public-webapps will continue to be one venue for
comments about the spec.

If a credible Editor does not commit to moving the spec along the REC
track, then I believe one option is for the WG to publish the spec. That
is, don't specifically identify an Editor. Regardless, as I stated
previously, proper attribution is needed.

>> B) License the fork in such a way as to let me merge improvements
>> into my copy
>
> Definitely not.

I am not aware of any changes nor impending changes to the W3C's
Document license policy WebApps follows.

-AB