Re: [XHR] Open issue: allow setting User-Agent?

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com> wrote:
> However, if you consider the CORS angle you'll see that scripts out there
> are already being written to interact with another site's backend, and such
> scripts may face the same challenges as a user script or extension using XHR
> including backend sniffing. That's why experience from user.js development
> is now relevant for general web tech, and why I'm making this argument.

If you consider CORS you also need to consider that if we allow
developers to set user-agent a preflight request would be required for
that header (and the server would need to allow it to be custom). So
it's not quite that simple and would not actually help.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/