Re: [XHR] Open issue: allow setting User-Agent?

I agree the use cases do not seem compelling. But I know I'm generally
surprised by what people can and will do. What problem did you encounter
that would have necessitated to change the User-Agent string, Hallvord? Is
it because of sites sniffing the wrong way? If so, I tend to agree with
Anne that this shouldn't be fixed in the XHR spec. Just think what a
malicious script could do to browser usage statistics (of course, no
browser vendor would ever try and rig the stats ;)). Also, there actually
are security concerns. While I trust open-source browsers (and mainstream
close-source ones) not to try and trick servers into malicious operations,
I can't say the same for the whole web, especially malicious ad scripts.