Re: [XHR] Open issue: allow setting User-Agent?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 15:13:00 +0200
To: "Hallvord R. M. Steen" <hallvord@opera.com>
Cc: Julian Aubourg <j@ubourg.net>, Jungkee Song <jungkee.song@samsung.com>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com> wrote:
> Personally I'm strongly in favour of removing User-Agent from the list of
> prohibited headers. As an author I've experienced problems I could not solve
> due to this limitation.

The use cases do not seem very compelling to me and I believe it was
once stated that allowing full control would be a security risk.
Developers can always set their own header to identify their scripts.

(If you mean this would help you from browser.js or similar such
scripts I would lobby for making exceptions there, rather than for the
whole web.)

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/