Re: Moving File API: Directories and System API to Note track?

On 18/09/2012 13:04 , Olli Pettay wrote:
> I think we should discuss about moving File API: Directories and
> System API from Recommendation track to Note. Mainly because the API
> hasn't been widely accepted nor implemented and also because there
> are other proposals which handle the same use cases. The problem with
> keeping the API in recommendation track is that people outside
> standardization world think that the API is the one which all the
> browsers will implement and as of now that doesn't seem likely.

I wonder if a good case couldn't be made to move it to the upcoming
SysApps WG (http://www.w3.org/2012/05/sysapps-wg-charter.html)?

It's very late to sneak anything into the charter, but I reckon it could
fall under their Media Storage API deliverable.