Re: [XHR] Event processing during synchronous request

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Mike Wilson <mikewse@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks. So I understand it is the HTML specification reference
> that provides details on this behaviour for the XHR spec.
> I'll look further there as its fetching section by itself
> doesn't directly express the relationship between synchronous
> and a stopped event loop (although as a programmer I can infer
> this relationship).

Well yeah, shit's complicated. HTML fetch can be invoked either
synchronously or asynchronously. When invoked synchronously it's as
part of some task already and since the event loop is not manually
spun no other tasks will run at that time. When invoked asynchronously
HTML fetch itself queues tasks on the event loop that then cause
various things to happen per XMLHttpRequest, such as dispatching
progress events.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/