RE: [XHR] Event processing during synchronous request

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 6:33 PM, Mike Wilson
> <mikewse@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I didn't find statements directly addressing this in
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest/
> > or
> >
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/fe
> tching-resourc
> > es.html
> > but maybe there are indirect relationships between
> > specification sections that I am missing?
>
> What you are missing is that for synchronous fetching the event loop
> stops working so incoming events will not be processed.

Thanks. So I understand it is the HTML specification reference
that provides details on this behaviour for the XHR spec.
I'll look further there as its fetching section by itself
doesn't directly express the relationship between synchronous
and a stopped event loop (although as a programmer I can infer
this relationship).

Best regards
Mike