Re: Web Components Suggestion

From: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 11:59:34 -0400
To: Dimitri Glazkov <dglazkov@google.com>
Cc: Dave Geddes <davidcgeddes@gmail.com>, public-webapps@w3.org
On Aug 12, 2012 11:08 AM, "Dimitri Glazkov" <dglazkov@google.com> wrote:

> Hi Dave!
>
> There's been a long, challenging, and yet inconclusive discussion
> around this. Start with these threads:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2011JulSep/1156.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2012AprJun/0419.html
>
> :DG<

Search the archives as well because this conversation isn't exactly new -
it's about as old as HTML itself and there are lots of good points that
have only gotten stronger over time (accessibility wasn't even originally a
big one, for example, but it is a pretty strong one now).  If you did have
such a thing, I would think that there would have to be some sort of pretty
simple mechanism allowing the author of said component to, at a minimum,
tie back the information provided by "is=".

Brian Kardell