Re: [IndexedDB] Problems unprefixing IndexedDB

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 11:44:34 +1000
To: Kyle Huey <me@kylehuey.com>
CC: Web Applications Working Group WG <public-webapps@w3.org>
Kyle Huey:
> PS. We're also going to run into this in the future with any other
> prefixed DOM APIs we add to the global, probably even if we don't tell
> people to do it wrong in our tutorials.  This behavior is a pretty
> massive footgun.

The problem seems to be because Web IDL moved properties from IDL
attributes up to the prototype, and that changed `var attributeName;`
behaviour.  My bad, I didn't realise that'd break things.

What if we change window's [[DefineOwnProperty]] so that if it would
create a shadowing property for a name that corresponds to an IDL
attribute on Window (or one of its mixed in interfaces), it doesn't do
that?  But not for operations.