Re: [IndexedDB] Problems unprefixing IndexedDB

On Aug 9, 2012, at 02:28 , Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 8/8/12 8:23 PM, Adam Barth wrote:
>> If we're telling people to use that pattern, we might as well just not
>> prefix the API in the first place because that pattern just tells the
>> web developers to unilaterally unprefix the API themselves.
>
> Yep.  The only benefit of the prefixing at that point is to maybe mark the API as experimental, if any web developers pay attention.  Which I doubt.

Trying to evangelise that something is experimental is unlikely to succeed. But when trying out a new API people do look at the console a lot (you tend to have to :). It might be useful to emit a warning upon the first usage of an experimental interface, of the kind "You are using WormholeTeleportation which is an experimental API and may change radically at any time. You have been warned."