Re: [IndexedDB] Problems unprefixing IndexedDB

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 20:28:08 -0400
To: public-webapps@w3.org
On 8/8/12 8:23 PM, Adam Barth wrote:
> If we're telling people to use that pattern, we might as well just not
> prefix the API in the first place because that pattern just tells the
> web developers to unilaterally unprefix the API themselves.

Yep.  The only benefit of the prefixing at that point is to maybe mark
the API as experimental, if any web developers pay attention.  Which I
doubt.

There's been a lot of discussion about prefixing CSS properties (or
rather not doing that anymore, preferring other solutions like shipping
things preffed off by default) that also applies to prefixing DOM APIs.

-Boris