Re: [selectors-api] RfC: LCWD of Selectors API Level 1; deadline July 19

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 13:25:26 +0200
To: "Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu" <kanghaol@oupeng.com>
CC: WebApps Working Group <public-webapps@w3.org>
On 2012-08-06 13:08, Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu wrote:
> (12/07/31 20:06), Arthur Barstow wrote:
>> On 7/19/12 11:15 PM, ext Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu wrote:
>>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2012JanMar/thread#msg518

I completely missed that comment of yours when you originally sent it,
which is why I didn't address it back then.

>> Lachlan, Kenny - what is the status of this comment (f.ex. does the spec
>> need to be changed)?
>
> I think this is a very minor issue, and it has a simple workaround -
> mark it as undefined. However, if Lachlan doesn't feel like paying extra
> fee for versionning (what Anne calls "make work") or he thinks having
> "undefined"s in a spec significantly lowers the quality, I think that's
> fair enough and I suggest the way to move forward (if we really want to)
> is to consider my comment as retracted (let's just do so if Lachlan
> doesn't reply to this).

I'd rather find a way to address the issue.  I've just been a bit busy
with other tasks for the last 2 weeks to look into this.

I'd like feedback from implementers about how best to address the issue.
  The options I can think of:

1. Disallow all comments within the selector for this API. Throw
SyntaxError when they are used.
2. Allow comments, but define that unclosed comments should throw a
SyntaxError.
3. Allow comments, define that unclosed comments are silently ignored.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/