Re: CfC: publish Widgets P&C as a "Proposed Edited Recommendation"; deadline August 8

From: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 21:17:42 +0100
To: Chaals McCathieNevile <w3b@chaals.com>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, public-native-web-apps@w3.org

On Wednesday, 25 July 2012 at 19:02, Chaals McCathieNevile wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 18:26:44 +0200, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com (mailto:art.barstow@nokia.com)>
> wrote:
>
> > Marcos would like to publish a "Proposed Edited Recommendation" [PER] of
> > the Widget Packaging and XML Configuration spec [REC] to incorporate the
> > spec's errata and this is a Call for Consensus to do so.
>

> Currently I object. I would support the publication if:
>
> 1. It restored the pointer to an external errata document (Marcos is
> clever, but there may still be errata) and

Not sure what you mean here (and not just about being clever!:) )? There is a pointer to errata…
http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets/errata.html

It's right at the top of the document? What am I missing?
> 2. It restored the status of the document to cover patent policy and where
> to send feedback and

Ah, sorry… SoTD was from the editor's draft. I need to find a boilerplate for a PER. I'm going to copy the one from XML 5th Ed., but it's a bit of work so I'll do it RSN.
> 3. It fixes the normative references to include authors and point to
> stable versions.

I will only link to "stable" versions for normative references - informative references don't matter.

Re editors: can't find anything in the process document that requires them to be added. Of course, you are more than invited to add them yourself to the spec if you really want. They were in the REC, so you can copy/paste them from there (or email me the markup and I'll paste them in for you). However, I see no use case for including them given that there is a hyperlink to their spec (which already lists them).

Kind regards,
Marcos