Re: [websockets] ArrayBuffer added back to the ED

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 16:06:45 -0400
To: public-webapps@w3.org
On 7/25/12 4:01 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> Earlier today, Hixie added ArrayBuffer back to the WebSocket API ED (see
> [r1.272]) as requested in bug [17263] which ATM is Resolved/WontFix.

I believe he did this because at least two implementors have publicly
committed to not removing the ability to pass in ArrayBuffer from their
implementations...

> Since the CfC to move this spec to CR passed on July 18 (but the CR has
> not yet been published), I would appreciate it you would please Raise
> Your Hand if you support this fix for v1.

I think anything else would mean that someone implementing per the spec
would end up with an implementation that's not web-compatible, since
sites now have no incentive to switch away from using ArrayBuffer. :(

-Boris