Re: CfC: publish Candidate Recommendation of Web Sockets API; deadline July 18

On 2012-07-12 01:52, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2012, Julian Reschke wrote:
>
>>> OK; the amount of work is ~45 minutes (and probably can be automated
>>> for future publication cycles).
>>>
>>> See attachments; an edited version of the current editor's draft, and
>>> the diffs. ...
>>
>> ..and the diff was reversed; new version attached.
>
> Applying that diff to the spec on dev.w3.org is dumb, as it will just get

As the other changes the W3C team applies to the spec when it gets
published.

> blown away the next time I update the spec. If you actually want to help
> please e-mail me (as I suggested on the bug) and I can provide you with
> the relevant files against which to write the diff so that it will be
> maintained in future versions of the spec.

My interest was to demonstrate the problem, and to fix it for the
pending publication. In the process of it, I also discovered that one
term used in the spec is undefined.

Go ahead and claim that's not helpful; I beg to differ.

Best regards, Julian