Re: [xhr] statusText is underdefined

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:05:33 +0200
To: "Cameron McCormack" <cam@mozilla.com>
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org, "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 01:15:19 +0200, Cameron McCormack <cam@mozilla.com>
wrote:
> OK, so just like DOMString is a "raw 16 bit word sequence" string, this
> new type would be a raw 8 bit byte sequence string.  ByteString sounds
> like a good name for it.  (Although it may be inconsistent with "octet"
> being unsigned and "byte" being signed...)  Would the deflation from a
> JS String throw when it finds values > 255?

That is what it happens today, yes.

Though maybe we should just stick to special casing DOMString for
XMLHttpRequest as new APIs can use ArrayBuffer or some such I think.
Alternatively we could maybe annotate DOMString with a [Byte] flag? But I
guess that's the same as introducing a new type.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/