Re: [xhr] statusText is underdefined

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mozilla.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:15:19 +1100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: public-webapps@w3.org, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Boris Zbarsky:
>> For what it's worth, I would be reasonably happy if we had a
>> non-DOMString IDL type to indicate "raw byte sequence" strings,
>> with WebIDL defining byte-inflation as the conversion from such
>> things to JS strings...

Anne van Kesteren:
> That's an interesting idea. We could also use that for open()'s
> method argument (as doing the opposite, throw for higher than
> U+00FF, then deflate).

OK, so just like DOMString is a "raw 16 bit word sequence" string, this
new type would be a raw 8 bit byte sequence string.  ByteString sounds
like a good name for it.  (Although it may be inconsistent with "octet"
being unsigned and "byte" being signed...)  Would the deflation from a
JS String throw when it finds values > 255?