Re: Obsolescence notices on old specifications, again

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012, Glenn Adams wrote:

> Ian, I agree with the sentiment of your response ("take DOM4 right now and
> publish it as a REC"). And, were it not for the W3C Process Document, we
> might do just that. However, for the time being, we need to work within the
> process document.

Actually, no, we don't. We're sentient beings, our adherence to
bureaucratic protocols is entirely voluntary.

But that's besides the point, which was just that we should make it clear
to readers of drafts that are out of date that those drafts are no longer
the most useful documents available.