Re: Obsolescence notices on old specifications, again

Ian, I agree with the sentiment of your response ("take DOM4 right now and
publish it as a REC"). And, were it not for the W3C Process Document, we
might do just that. However, for the time being, we need to work within the
process document. The best way to do that is attempt to (as rapidly as
possible) obtain consensus on publishing DOM4 as a LC then quickly progress
to CR. I personally (and the member I represent) will do whatever I (we)
can to assist in that process. And the same applies for the other WIP DOM
related specs.