Re: Obsolescence notices on old specifications, again

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 12:58:26 -0700
To: Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>
Cc: Ms2ger <ms2ger@gmail.com>, Bronislav Klučka <Bronislav.Klucka@bauglir.com>, public-webapps@w3.org
2012/1/24 Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>

> Can we just compromise on the language here? I don't think we'll find
> agreement on the proper way to do spec work.
> How about: "DOM2 is no longer updated. DOM4 is the latest actively
> maintained version. <link to DOM4>"

That doesn't really work for me. What would work for me is something like:

"Although DOM Level 2 continues to be subject to Errata
it is no longer being actively maintained. Content authors and implementers
are encouraged to consider the use of newer formulations of the Document
Object Model, including DOM4 <http://www.w3.org/TR/dom/>, which is
currently in process for Advancing a Technical Report to