Re: Obsolescence notices on old specifications, again

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 11:01 AM, Ms2ger <ms2ger@gmail.com> wrote:
> I propose that we add a pointer to the contemporary specification to the
> following specifications:
>
> * DOM 2 Core (DOM4)
> * DOM 2 Views (HTML)
> * DOM 2 Events (D3E)
> * DOM 2 Style (CSSOM)
> * DOM 2 Traversal and Range (DOM4)
> * DOM 2 HTML (HTML)
> * DOM 3 Core (DOM4)
>
> and a recommendation against implementing the following specifications:
>
> * DOM 3 Load and Save
> * DOM 3 Validation
>
> Hearing no objections, I'll try to move this forward.

I support adding such notices to the above-mentioned specs.

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 10:38 PM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
> I work in an industry where devices are certified against final
> specifications, some of which are mandated by laws and regulations. The
> current DOM-2 specs are still relevant with respect to these certification
> processes and regulations.

I think proliferating obsolete stuff is harmful.

Which laws or regulations require compliance with some of the
above-mentioned specs? Have bugs been filed on those laws and
regulations?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi