Re: Obsolescence notices on old specifications, again

From: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 22:01:03 -0700
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: Ms2ger <ms2ger@gmail.com>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:

> * Ms2ger wrote:>I propose that we add a pointer to the contemporary
> specification to the
> >following specifications:
> >* DOM 2 Style (CSSOM)
> >* DOM 2 Traversal and Range (DOM4)
>
> As far as I am aware, "CSSOM" is an unmaintained and incomplete set of
> ideas, and what of it reflects actually implemented behavior and what
> may change tomorrow is anyone's best guess so that is clearly not a
> suitable replacement.

As an FYI, the two CSSOM specs now have new co-editors, who are working
towards publishing new WDs within the next month. On the other hand, this
work contains innovations that remain immature and need further
implementation activity and testing (as would be required by the normal
maturation process in the W3C).