Re: www-dom vs public-webapps WAS: [DOM4] Mutation algorithm imposed order on document children

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 14:21:09 +0200, Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 12:05 AM, Charles McCathieNevile
> <chaals@opera.com>wrote:
>
>> The reason for using it was in part that there were people there who
>> were
>> working on dom and not on the (quite high traffic) webapps list which
>> discusses many other things.
>

> LKML is a high-traffic list.  Maybe webapps was in the past, but it's
> definitely not today. FWIW, this is usually a bad reason to split lists;

True.

> it just causes fragmentation of discussions and lots of tiny, isolated
> mailing lists.

Sure. But swapping around isn't that helpful either, since it dislocates
discussion, threading, and people. I'd rather not swap unless there is
overwhelming consensus (which I don't see so far).

cheers

     je parle français -- hablo español -- jeg kan noen norsk