Browser Payments API proposal

From: Alex MacCaw <maccman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 18:05:35 -1000
To: public-webapps@w3.org
I've been working on a way of integrating one-click payments (and signup)
into the browser, and I wanted to put it in front of a few people to get
some feedback.

The API I was playing about with was pretty simple, and is documented here:

http://blog.alexmaccaw.com/preview/MjQxMDcwOTcwNjAYz14YvbdZWrrVg

It's basically an API to autocomplete data, already stored in the browser
and containing things like credit card number and name.

For example:

navigator.requestProfile(['firstName', 'email', 'cardNumber'], function(
profile){ console.log('Your name is:', profile.firstName); /* ... */ });

I've also created a Chrome
extension<https://github.com/maccman/request-profile> demonstrating
the API. I think the key thing to getting adoption for something like this
is to keep it really simple.

Cheers,
Alex

--