Re: [webcomponents] HTML Parsing and the <template> element

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 14:04:57 +0300
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 11:48 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> the HTML parser spec next week?

I don't object to adding them if they create normal child elements in
the DOM. I do object if <template> has a null firstChild and the new
property that leads to a fragment that belongs to a different owner
document.

(My non-objection to creating normal children in the DOM should not be
read as a commitment to support templates Gecko.)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi