Re: [DOM4] Mutation algorithm imposed order on document children

On 6/11/12 7:39 PM, Elliott Sprehn wrote:
> After discussing this with some other contributors there were questions
> on why we're enforcing the order of the document child nodes.

Because otherwise serialization of the result would be ... very broken?

> Can we leave the behavior when your document is out of order unspecified?

You mean allow UAs to throw or not as they wish?  That seems like a
pretty bad idea, honestly.  We should require that the insertion be
allowed (and then specify what DOM it produces) or require that it throw.

-Boris