[DOM4] Mutation algorithm imposed order on document children

From: Elliott Sprehn <esprehn@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 16:39:36 -0700
To: public-webapps@w3.org
I'm working on places where Webkit doesn't follow the DOM4 mutation
algorithm and one of the bugs is not throwing an exception when a doctype
node is inserted after an element in a document (or other permutations of
the same situation).

After discussing this with some other contributors there were questions on
why we're enforcing the order of the document child nodes. Specifically
since inserting a doctype node doesn't actually change the doctype so this
situation is very unlikely (possibly never happens) in the wild. Not
implementing this keeps the code simpler for a case that developers likely
never see.

Can we leave the behavior when your document is out of order unspecified?

- Elliott