Re: [whatwg] Fullscreen events dispatched to elements

From: Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 10:56:45 +0300
To: Jer Noble <jer.noble@apple.com>
CC: robert@ocallahan.org, Chris Pearce <cpearce@mozilla.com>, Vincent Scheib <scheib@google.com>, whatwg <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>, Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
On 06/05/2012 09:31 AM, Jer Noble wrote:

> On Jun 4, 2012, at 11:23 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
>
>> If you implemented that proposal as-is then authors would usually need a listener on the document as well as the element, and as Chris pointed
>> out, it's simpler to just always listen on the document.
>>
>> Is that true for the Webkit implementation or did you implement something slightly different?
>
> Sorry, you're right; we did implement something slightly different.  We always dispatch a message to the element, and additionally one the document
> if the element has been removed from the document.  So authors only have to add event listeners to one or the other.

That is rather unusual behavior. I don't recall any other cases when such additional event is dispatched if node is removed from document.

-Olli