Re: [whatwg] Fullscreen events dispatched to elements

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 10:06:26 +0200
To: Jer Noble <jer.noble@apple.com>
Cc: Chris Pearce <cpearce@mozilla.com>, Vincent Scheib <scheib@google.com>, whatwg <whatwg@lists.whatwg.org>, Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org>
On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 11:13 PM, Jer Noble <jer.noble@apple.com> wrote:
> Actually, in WebKit, we explicitly also message the document from which the element was removed in that case.  I don't see why this behavior couldn't be standardized.

Why should we standardize this if we always notify the document? Is
there a benefit to notifying both the element and the document?

For better or worse, existing implementations are still prefixed as
far as I know and incompatible with each other. So that in itself is
not really an argument for changing the standard.

--
Anne — Opera Software
http://annevankesteren.nl/