Re: Push API draft uploaded

From: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 07:33:22 -0700
To: "SULLIVAN, BRYAN L" <bs3131@att.com>
CC: Ms2ger <ms2ger@gmail.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On 5/24/2012 7:08 AM, SULLIVAN, BRYAN L wrote:
> OK, I corrected the [NoInterfaceObject] (I hope), and referenced HTML5 for "resolving a URL".
>
> The numeric readyState was borrowed from EventSource. I will look at the thread, but I think this is something that I will just align with the consensus in the group once determined. I don't have a strong opinion either way.
>
> Latest version is athttp://dvcs.w3.org/hg/push/raw-file/default/index.html

Does the following mean that "http/https" are interpreted as EventSource
and ws/wss as WebSockets?
Does checkRemotePermission trigger CORS checks for those protocols?

"If the url parameter is present and the user agent recognizes the url
value as a particular type of Push service that it supports, the user
agent must activate the service."

My read on that is yes and yes, but I wanted to double-check.

-Charles