Re: Feedback on Quota Management API

From: Kinuko Yasuda <kinuko@chromium.org>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 18:02:26 +0900
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Cc: WebApps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, Eric Uhrhane <ericu@chromium.org>
Thanks for the feedback!

For context for others, I assume they are comments for the draft pushed at:
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/quota/Overview.html

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

> 1) Put storageInfo on window.navigator, not window directly.

That sounds reasonable to me given that what window.navigator is supposed
to represent.
I'll change them if no one objects.

> 2) Use the IDL callback syntax. The current IDL is outdated.

Thanks, I will fix them.

> 3) Use a string enum rather than a constant.

They were introduced after the FileSystem API's [1] storage type, which
also uses a constant.
I have no strong opinion on this one and it seems like using string enum is
more reasonable, but maybe we should change them together if we do so?
(Eric, was there a reason we use constants rather than string / string enum
in FileSystem API?)

[1] File API: Directories and System http://www.w3.org/TR/file-system-api/