Re: [DOM3 Events/DOM4] re-dispatching trusted events with initEvent

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 23:02:22 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> (DOM3's language
>> about "default actions" confuses this; I suggest reading DOM4's event
>> section to get a good picture of how this actually works.)
>
> Or rather how the DOM4 editor is choosing to conceptualize it, which may
> not have much bearing on how it actually works in actual browsers.

Last time I discussed this with Jonas Sicking he agreed that Gecko could
change some things here and he also agreed with the model put forward. If
the model is wrong we should fix it of course.

It does indeed not apply universally and as far as I know HTML does cater
for those exceptions in various ways. It would be interesting to know
where it does not.

I'm not sure how extensions are relevant here. If you allow them to do
complex things then of course they will be complex to implement, but there
is not much we can do about that.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/