Re: Shared workers - use .source instead of .ports[0] ?

I guess I'm not a big fan of removing ports[] from the connect event unless
we also remove it from MessageEvent entirely. All the same arguments you've
posed here also apply to MessageEvents in general, so I'd be opposed to
removing it in only one place.

I'm somewhat OK with keeping ports[] but also exposing the port through the
|source| attribute, although "it's OK to put different objects in |source|
as long as they all expose an API called postMessage()" feels inelegant to
me - at least it's backwards compatible.

If we're going to make a non-backwards-compatible change (and I'm not
convinced that we should), I think my preferred solution would be along the
lines of the change described by Jonas earlier - leave |source| alone, get
rid of the |ports| attribute from MessageEvent entirely, and expose the
port in the connect event via the |data| attribute. This is more closely
aligned with the new Transferrable support in postMessage() anyway.

-atw