RE: Shared workers - use .source instead of .ports[0] ?

IE10 does not implement SharedWorkers at the present time. We also don’t yet implement the updated "Transferrable" notion for MessagePorts in the structured clone algorithm. We do ship Workers now, and so my primary concern is that the spec doesn't remove the "ports" property of the MessageEvent.

I don't mind the proposal to re-use .source of MessageEvent for a "connect" event on a SharedWorker. I think it's a bit ugly to swap the "WindowProxy" type of .source to "any" just for this case. I am curious to see where this latest discussion on perhaps using a different Event interface for "connect" events will lead...