Re: Shared workers - use .source instead of .ports[0] ?

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 14:01:47 +0200, Jarred Nicholls <jarred@webkit.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 1:20 AM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 04 Apr 2012 18:37:46 +0200, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  Sounds great to me. The ports attribute is basically useless except in
>>> this
>>> one instance since ports are these days expose as part of structured
>>> clones.
>>>
>>> Avoiding using it in this arguably weird way in this one instance seems
>>> like a win to me.
>>>

>> I'd like to have an opinion from WebKit and Microsoft about this
>> proposal.
>> Can someone comment or cc relevant people, please?
>>

> FWIW this to me seems like a good improvement to the intuitiveness.

OK. To make things clear, are you OK with making this change in WebKit?

> Since
> a MessageEvent interface is being used, qualifying that *source*
> WindowProxy
> is populated is all that's needed?

It wouldn't be a WindowProxy, but a port. I'd also make .ports null. The
IDL for MessageEvent's source member would need to change type from
WindowProxy? to object?.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software