Re: [FileAPI] Remove readAsBinaryString?

From: Charles Pritchard <chuck@jumis.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 02:12:21 -0800
Cc: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>, Feras Moussa <ferasm@microsoft.com>, "Web Applications Working Group WG (public-webapps@w3.org)" <public-webapps@w3.org>
To: Arun Ranganathan <aranganathan@mozilla.com>
Wouldn't mind a more managed log of API shifts. Any ideas for a very simple deprecation journal?

I just learned about CanvasPixelArray being turned over today and I follow the lists.

A simple HTML.deprecated list would have the dual use of notifying followers about strong progress. It'd relieve editors of some of these concerns.

Anyway, hopeful thought.

On topic: anyone using readAsBinaryString ought to be testing for Typed Arrays first. Take it out of the spec. Consider placing it somewhere else for those times when a quick web search helps.

-Charles