file sharing services

From: Nicolas Mollet <nico.mollet@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 13:05:33 +0100
To: public-webapps@w3.org
Hello,

I am new here, not sure if it's the good place to talk about my problem.

What I understand, CORS is a new specification, and it was introduced in
the latest Firefox 8.
Many users started to edit their servers properties using
"Access-Control-Allow-Origin" property.

What about servers we don't have access to, like the file sharing services
(Dropbox, Photobucket).

For example, in my project, I hosted many files on Dropbox Public Folder :
now it is becoming useless because CORS is not enabled on Dropbox.
What should be done ? Can Dropbox change his policy according to CORS ?

Does your group can contact file sharing services so they can adapt their
services to CORS ?

Thank you very much,
--
Nicolas Mollet