Re: file sharing services

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 4:05 AM, Nicolas Mollet <nico.mollet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new here, not sure if it's the good place to talk about my problem.
>
> What I understand, CORS is a new specification, and it was introduced in the
> latest Firefox 8.
> Many users started to edit their servers properties using
> "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" property.
>
> What about servers we don't have access to, like the file sharing services
> (Dropbox, Photobucket).
>
> For example, in my project, I hosted many files on Dropbox Public Folder :
> now it is becoming useless because CORS is not enabled on Dropbox.
> What should be done ? Can Dropbox change his policy according to CORS ?
>
> Does your group can contact file sharing services so they can adapt their
> services to CORS ?
>
> Thank you very much,

Yes, third-party hosting services need to add CORS headers as well if
they want their stuff to be accessible from XHR, etc.  It's the same
process for them as it is for a normal author.

It's possible that someone from this mailing list could contact those
services.  It's more likely to happen, though, if you do it yourself.
^_^

~TJ