Re: Firefox bug: "Worker" load ignores Content-Type version parameter

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 13:22:42 +0100
To: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
CC: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, www-archive@w3.org, public-Webapps@w3.org, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
On 2011-11-18 13:03, Simon Pieters wrote:
> UTF-8-only for workers is deliberate. I don't see any reason to reject
> scripts that have other charset. Rejecting the script would mean that
> some authors can't use workers at all because their server uses charset
> and they can't change it.

What kind of server sets a charset on JS *and* cannot be configured not to?

And, if this is the case, isn't this a good reason to actually require
that the charset is handled correctly?

I really believe that piling up workarounds and inconsistencies like
these makes the whole platform much harder to use than necessary.

Best regards, Julian