Re: Firefox bug: "Worker" load ignores Content-Type version parameter

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 01:03:03 +1300
To: public-webapps@w3.org
On 11/19/11 12:52 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> <http://dev.w3.org/html5/workers/#importing-scripts-and-libraries> says.

For what it's worth, Gecko's worker loading code runs the same algorithm
to determine the charset as the algorithm used for <script src> (except
of course it does not have access to any "charset" attributes on an
element).

And by "same algorithm" I mean "they call the same function in our code
which takes the HTTP headers, document object, value of @charset, and
bytes and returns a Unicode string".

If we have UA compat on that behavior, it makes more sense to
standardize it than to standardize the UTF-8-only thing, perhaps....

-Boris