Re: Dropping XMLHttpRequest 1 (just do 2)?

From: Giuseppe Pascale <giuseppep@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 19:05:55 +0100
To: "Karl Dubost" <karld@opera.com>, "Charles McCathieNevile" <chaals@opera.com>
Cc: "chairs.w3.org" <chairs@w3.org>, "public-webapps WG" <public-webapps@w3.org>
I would like to point out that there could be other specifications out in
the wild referencing XHR 1.

This doesn't mean that you should not drop XHR 1, but would be good if the
WG prepares a (short) note that gives the background around this decision
and few info about the XHR 2 work, how it differs from XHR 1 and how to
update references.  Such a note could be sent to all (relevant) WGs/IGs
and for those of us active also in groups outside W3C could be used to
inform people about the change with some "official" text

/g

--
Giuseppe Pascale
TV & Connected Devices