Re: Dropping XMLHttpRequest 1 (just do 2)?

On Monday, November 14, 2011 at 7:05 PM, Giuseppe Pascale wrote:

> I would like to point out that there could be other specifications out in
> the wild referencing XHR 1.
>
> This doesn't mean that you should not drop XHR 1, but would be good if the
> WG prepares a (short) note that gives the background around this decision
> and few info about the XHR 2 work, how it differs from XHR 1 and how to
> update references. Such a note could be sent to all (relevant) WGs/IGs
> and for those of us active also in groups outside W3C could be used to
> inform people about the change with some "official" text

Or we could avoid the whole thing and just have:

http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest/ redirect to: http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest2/

Better yet, dump the "2" version number and just have /XMLHttpRequest2/ point to /XMLHttpRequest/.

Everything in 1 is in 2, so making a big deal out of this is a valuable waste of time justifying the decision.

There is no point in having "Level 1" and "Level 2" since there is no "Level 1"… there is just "XMLHttpRequest" :)