Re: Spec changes for LCs and later maturity levels

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 20:41:28 -0700
To: "Peter Saint-Andre" <stpeter@stpeter.im>
Cc: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "Arthur Barstow" <art.barstow@nokia.com>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>
On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 17:16:35 -0700, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im>
> 2. The substantive issue of whether the text is correct. Julian asked
> some questions about that, and I'd be curious to see replies (especially
> because they are related to similar topics in HTML5).

So I think irrespective of whether the details of "parse a URL" are
correct, it is pretty clear we want everything that takes a URL to be
handled in the same way on the platform. I think this is at the same level
as whether or not the definition of Web IDL has issues. It might, but the
details do not affect this specification materially.

Anne van Kesteren