From: Sean Hogan <shogun70@westnet.com.au>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 09:48:28 +1100
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: Yehuda Katz <wycats@gmail.com>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>, Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, John Resig <jeresig@gmail.com>, Paul Irish <paulirish@google.com>
On 26/10/11 9:28 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Sean Hogan<shogun70@westnet.com.au>  wrote:
>> On 26/10/11 7:51 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

>>> Using :scope explicitly at the beginning of selectors is necessary if
>>> we want a sane way to have selector lists chain off of the scoping
>>> element.  I'm okay with the string starting with a combinator when
>>> it's a single selector like "+ foo", but not when it's a selector list
>>> like "+ foo, + bar".
>> I didn't follow that. Why does findAll() need to support explicit :scope?
> Did you not understand my example?  el.find("+ foo, + bar") feels
> really weird and I don't like it.  I'm okay with a single selector
> starting with a combinator, like el.find("+ foo"), but not a selector
> list.

So "+foo" becomes ":scope +foo"
But "+foo, +bar" throws an error?
What about:
+foo, bar
:scope+foo, bar
body :scope+foo, :scope+bar

What do JS lib selectors do? Do any support :scope? Do any not support
"+foo, +bar", ">foo, >bar"?

Sean