Re: [indexeddb] New WebIDL Exception Model for IndexedDB

Replying late here, but:

On 29/09/11 12:03 AM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> From my understanding of the WebIDL spec, the idea is that
> specifications like IndexedDB should throw exceptions which use the
> DOMExceptions interface. The various errors would use different string
> values for .name which would replace the current codes that we have
> now. However, if existing ECMAScript errors can be used, we should use
> those.
>
> Cc'ing Cameron so that he can confirm that this is a correct understanding.

That's not actually what the changes allow.  The built-in Error types in
ECMAScript are not available at the IDL level.  But I think that it
would be better if they are.  I can lift them up to the IDL level, and
define what it means to "throw a TypeError" in other languages.