Re: [IndexedDB] Soliciting feedback from SQL Vendors

On 10/10/2011 1:44 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Charles Pritchard<chuck@jumis.com>  wrote:
>> Is there interest or presence on this list from major SQL vendor developers
>> such as PostgreSQL and MySQL?
> I'd love to get input from SQL database developers! I don't have any
> particularly great ideas for how to get that input other than simply
> mailing the various mailing lists directly.

I'll go ahead with that. The first time around, I was asked about the
security / quota model.
I'd prefer to just say that it's "out of scope", though there are
proposals. I see no reason to derail things on that issue.

Many vendors are working with low-level languages running in machine
code: is there a quick hack/means
to describing the event loop model? Should I sheepishly leave that part out?

Most of these developers are working with simple sync/async libraries
that are called from C and C++.

The event loop is fundamental to some behaviors; it's assumed in the
specification. But, it's not something I really want to get hung-up on.
Ideas for how to avert that? Is it unethical to simply not bring it up?

Is it something that they're going to have to figure out on their own?
Such as with an "endloop" private extended function.

-Charles