Re: Behavior Attachment Redux, was Re: HTML element content models vs. components

From: Erik Arvidsson <arv@chromium.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 16:55:55 -0700
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: Roland Steiner <rolandsteiner@google.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, public-webapps@w3.org, Dominic Cooney <dominicc@google.com>, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "Edward O'Connor" <eoconnor@apple.com>
Splitting this up into two different things is great.

Allowing attaching an alternative shadow tree through CSS but
disabling any JS to be run seems like the right thing to do.

I'm also in favor of the "is" attribute. Even though I think that
<x-foo> is more readable than <div is="foo"> it is hard to argue about
the issues regarding parsing and fallback behavior. The "is" attribute
also provides a better behavior for common cases such as when you want
to extend <select> and <button>.

erik