Re: Adding Web Intents to the Webapps WG deliverables

On 9/23/11 2:47 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Julian Reschke<julian.reschke@gmx.de>  wrote:
>> Namespace names are things I copy from templates and never type from memory.
> Exactly, which means namespaces aren't memorable.  The only reason to
> give up memorability is if you require the name to be both
> collision-free and context-free (see Zooko's Triangle).  Both of those
> are nice (as they always are), but they're not really required for a
> workable namespace.  Giving up memorability for no real benefit is a
> loss all around.
>
> In the specific case of intents, the same applies.  We don't need them
> to be securely collision-free (collisions are slightly annoying for
> the user, but should be fairly rare in practice, and can be resolved
> by the user without a lot of trouble).  They should be context-free,
> as they apply across the whole web.  And they should be memorable,
> because authors have to type these and they get non-memorable things
> wrong.
>
> ~TJ

The search engine coalition that pushed out  a set of micro-format
vocabulary weighed toward using urls
for "itemtype" in microformat:

http://www.schema.org/Event

Given that indexing was put forward as the case for the <intent> tag,
how would that look in current microdata semantics?

This is on webintents.org:
<intent
   action="http://webintents.org/share"
   type="image/*"
   href="share.html"
  />

Would it look something like this, in microdata:
  itemtype="http://webintents.org/share"
  itemprop="image/*"
  content="target.html"
/>